Simply PowerPoint: The Basics for Transforming Your Presentations
This course, built in bite-size pieces, is intended for PowerPoint users at a beginner level. Each self-paced module ranges from 10 to 20 minutes and includes a knowledge review quiz. You will learn how to configure PowerPoint, to ensure optimal performance and stability. Additionally, we'll provide best practices for building compelling PowerPoint presentations efficiently, from scratch. You’ll walk away well-equipped to create presentations that not only inform but captivate!Register today, to master the basics of PowerPoint and advance your career by discovering:
- How to navigate & personalize PowerPoint with ease
- Tools for enriching your narrative with powerful text, graphics & Photo Albums
- Ways to structure presentations like a pro by using Sections, Headers & Footers
- Professional design techniques & diverse slide layouts for crafting visually compelling presentations
- Expert methods for perfect outputs: from creation to printing, manage presentations ensuring high-quality slides, handouts, and notes every time
- & MUCH more!
Module 1: The Foundation of Compelling Presentations
- Dive into PowerPoint's essentials, starting with a blank canvas
- Get familiar with tools and interfaces you'll soon know like the back of your hand
- Learn the nitty-gritty of design, from text formatting to the critical zoom view
- Discover advanced features and strategies that set you apart from the average presenter
Module 2: Beyond Basics - Templates & Custom Designs
- Say goodbye to 'basic' with an exploration of advanced templates that add a professional touch
- Master layouts and designs that resonate with your message and audience
- Integrate charts, diagrams, and more to communicate complex data effortlessly
- Create your own graphics library - a treasure trove for your future presentations
Module 3: Keys to Audience Engagement & Visual Consistency
- Learn to tailor presentations to your audience’s needs and expectations
- Embrace the power of visual consistency to keep your audience's eyes glued to the screen
- Become a maestro of slide operations, enhancing focus on key sections
- Equip yourself with practical techniques for those "Oops!" moments and smooth recovery
Module 4: Visual Harmony: Crafting Compelling Narratives with Text & Graphics
- Understand the duality of text and graphics modes, perfecting the art of formatting
- Align, space, and bullet your way to clear, impactful content presentation
- Explore advanced text tools that bring a sophisticated touch to your slides
Module 5: Image Mastery - Editing, Enhancing & Captivating
- Unleash the power of the "Picture Format" tab to transform simple images into visual stories
- Optimize visuals for maximum impact and clarity that speaks volumes
- Command advanced control over your images for professional, balanced layouts
- Get creative with shapes and merging for unique, attention-grabbing visuals
Module 6: The Finishing Touches - Headers, Footers & More
- Implement consistent headers and footers, ensuring each slide is a chapter that contributes to your story
- Master dynamic and static date/time features, customizing your presentation down to the minute details
- Excel in preparing presenter notes and audience handouts that complement your stunning slides
- Manipulate Master Views like a pro, adjusting elements for a seamless design experience
About The Speaker
Mitzi Gibson Katz has trained thousands of end users and developed curriculum for over twenty-five years.
- As a consultant, she specializes in the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and much more.
- After teaching a variety of special education classes in Kansas, Montana, and Alaska for the early part of her career, Mitzi became interested in technology as the first personal computers were introduced to the market. She made the change in careers from public school education to private computer training and has been teaching students how to use software applications ever since.
- Mitzi helps students understand Microsoft Applications by her passion: "It's the people part of the business that keeps me involved.
Simply PowerPoint: The Basics for Transforming Your Presentations contains 6 individual training modules, each with its own video, exercise, and quiz. With the knowledge you gain from this self-paced course, you will have the ability to create presentations that enhance your message, engage your audience, and leave a lasting impression!
Each registration grants access to a single user.
Need to train a team, or an entire organization ? Call 1-800-964-6033 for group pricing today!