Simply Excel: The Basics for Beginners
This course, built in bite-size pieces, is intended for Excel users at a beginner level. Each self-paced module ranges from 10 to 20 minutes and includes a knowledge review quiz. You will learn how to configure Excel, to ensure optimal performance and stability. Additionally, we'll provide best practices for building spreadsheets accurately and efficiently, from scratch. Last but certainly not least, you'll also gain a basic understanding of formulas and how to use them for automating calculations!Register today, to master the basics of Excel and advance your career by discovering:
- How to demonstrate proficiency in the Excel interface & settings
- Solutions for efficiently creating, managing & navigating through spreadsheets
- Formatting best practices, tips & tricks to make your data more visually appealing
- Formulas for automating mathematical processes & achieving accurate results
- Basic sorting & filtering techniques for organizing, plus presenting data
- Step-by-step guidance for printing
- & MUCH more!
Module 1 - Excel Setup & Environment: Keys to Configuring & Navigating Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to the Excel Start screen
- Learn how to navigate & use the Excel Ribbon
- Discover how to customize the Excel Quick Access Toolbar
- Save, view, preview & tab options: Shortcuts & Preferences
- Explore & gain a better understanding of the Excel environment
- Compatibility Mode & Extensions: Converting, formatting & preserving files
Module 2 - Excel Entry & Editing: Enter Data Quickly & Accurately
- Auto populate data with AutoFill & fill handle options
- Best practices for creating a custom list
- Shortcut keys for data entry & editing
Module 3 - Excel Navigation & Selection
- Highlight & select ranges of cells with ease
- Cell reference techniques for moving around quickly
- Determine the size of a list with one press of a button
- The shortest shortcuts for scrolling & dragging data - no more cramped hands!
Module 4 - Excel Formulas & Calculations Basics
- Simple formulas for performing addition, subtraction, multiplication & division
- Calculate totals in a snap with the relative reference formula
- Automate the process of recalculating with cell references
- PEMDAS: The Excel order of operations
Module 5 - Excel Formatting: Make Your Data More Visually Appealing
- Formatting basics, options, rules & best practices
- Quick formatting tools & time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Solutions for instantly formatting dates, currency & more
- The fundamentals of tables: Creating, formatting & styling
Module 6 - Excel Data Management
- Useful tricks for streamlining data entry & analysis workflows
- Setup options for viewing data more effectively & efficiently
- Shortcuts for moving, removing, repeating & replacing data
Module 7 - Excel Printing & Page Layout
- Step-by-step guidance for preparation, page setup, previewing & printing
- Expert methods for printing large spreadsheets & multiple sheet tabs
- How to apply headers, footers & automatic page numbering
About The Speaker
Mitzi Gibson Katz has trained thousands of end users and developed curriculum for over twenty-five years.
- As a consultant, she specializes in the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and much more.
- After teaching a variety of special education classes in Kansas, Montana, and Alaska for the early part of her career, Mitzi became interested in technology as the first personal computers were introduced to the market. She made the change in careers from public school education to private computer training and has been teaching students how to use software applications ever since.
- Mitzi helps students understand Microsoft Applications by her passion: "It's the people part of the business that keeps me involved.
Simply Excel: The Basics for Beginners contains 7 individual training modules, each with its own video, exercise and quiz. With the knowledge you gain from this self-paced course, you will have the ability to create spreadsheets accurately and efficiently, from scratch.
Each registration grants access to a single user.
Need to train a team, or an entire organization ? Call 1-800-964-6033 for group pricing today!
Simply Excel: The Basics for Beginners
Chat with somebody about our All Access Subscription for individuals or groups:
or call us now