Power BI Intermediate: Beyond the Basics
If you’ve mastered the basics of Power BI but want to take your skills to the next level, join us for a 90-minute workshop. We’ll provide step by step guidance for using the Power BI Query Editor to clean and transform your raw data, so that it can be used to quickly generate reports. This program will also cover how to use the Power BI formula language (DAX) to create calculations that can be used in your reports, and MUCH more.
Gain must-have skills and join us for this hands-on training to discover:
- Techniques for transforming raw data to make it “report ready”
- How to create calculations using the Power BI formula language
- Expert methods for generating an array of more advanced visuals
- & MUCH more
Advanced Techniques for Cleaning & Transforming Your Data
- Simple solutions for quickly cleaning up and restructuring less-than ideal data
- Best practices for creating executive level dashboards suitable for publication
- Expert methods for merging and appending data from multiple datasets
Power BI Formula Language
- Understand the difference between M and DAX
- Ways to use DAX functions such as LOOKUPVALUE and IF
- Create additional columns in your datasets using M and DAX
Summarize Data & Display the Right Level of Granularity
- Learn when to use Calculated Column vs. when to use Measures
- Techniques for implementing functions such as SUMX and AVERAGEX
- Why learning how to use the CALCULATE function is a must!
About The Speaker
Mike Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with plus for a large number of global organizations.
- Mike also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business processes.
- Mike will show you how to let Excel and other Microsoft programs solve your problems for you!
Join us for a 90-minute workshop and take your Power BI skills to the next level, in order to extract business intelligence for enhanced decision making. You’ll learn how to clean up your raw data to make it “report ready”, create calculations using the Power BI formula language, and much more!