Managing Team Workflow with Microsoft Outlook: Get More Done
Getting team members on the same wavelength, channeling their energy, and keeping them on track takes meticulous planning and execution by managers. Now with many teams being forced to collaborate from different locations (on-site, remote, hybrid, etc.), staying connected and aligned has become much more challenging.
Microsoft Outlook is an invaluable project management tool and resource, yet many managers are under-utilizing key features. While you may be proficient at using Outlook for email and meetings, you are more than likely leaving about 85% of the power of Microsoft Outlook unused!
Join us, to learn how Outlook can be an invaluable tool for managers, supervisors and team leads.
Join us as we discuss the following:
- Using the expanded Calendar and Task Folder features for more effective meetings
- Under-used tools that help you increase your team’s accountability and productivity
- Key skills to keep team members on track and meeting deadlines
- Ways you can customize Microsoft Outlook to meet your team’s unique needs
- Using Microsoft Outlook Tasks to assign tasks and keep up to date on projects
Microsoft Outlook provides the tools you need to improve workplace results, enabling your team to cut wasted time and increase daily output. You will learn the secrets of how to:
- Use expanded Microsoft Outlook Calendar features
- Use the tasks folder to organize complex work requests
- Record and remember all assignments and deadlines
- Prioritize delegated tasks and projects
- Identify the differences between the To-Do List, Tasks, and the To-Do Bar
- Create new folders for a plethora of projects
- Customize column headings in Task folders enabling the user to view key information
- Tailor reminder windows with REAL information
- Take advantage of the Assign Tasks feature
- Use the Tasks folder and the Calendar in tandem to plot mid-assignment check points
- Use Inbox features to help classify and sort task and project communications
- Set up Quick Steps to speed up communication
- Use the Rules Wizard to automatically route emails to appropriate folders
We’ll also address key questions manager ask, including:
- How can I keep track of major assignments made to several direct reports or team members?
- How can I keep assignments moving at a steady pace toward completion by the deadline?
- Can Microsoft Outlook really work like a project management tool?
- Do I have to tutor my employees to make this content work?
About The Speaker
Karla Brandau is a leading authority on leadership, collaboration and productivity. She has educated leaders, managers, supervisors, and individual contributors with her proven people skills and productivity systems in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, Siemens, and BYD America. Government agencies that have benefited from her programs include: NIH, NIDA, the EPA, and IBB.
Her executive coaching and training for leaders includes how to:
- Build a well-rounded, winning team
- Be resilient when faced with challenging situations
- Implement change within your organization
Learn how to more effectively use Microsoft Outlook to keep projects on track, your team connected and workflow more efficient.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!