Excel Formulas and Functions 101
Microsoft Excel has hundreds of formulas and functions. Therefore, experienced users still find themselves asking if they could be working more efficiently in Microsoft Excel.
Don’t waste any more time clicking around in Excel, trying to find the right tools needed to get your work done professionally and on time.
Join us for this 60-minute online training to get more done in less time and build foundational Excel skills.
- Steps to create formulas to automate calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Popular aggregate functions to analyze your data like a pro
- Easy solutions for simplifying long-winded formulas
- How to avoid common “copying formula pitfalls”
- Expert methods to verify formula accuracy
- BONUS - All attendees will receive an Excel Shortcuts cheat sheet
- How to create formulas quickly and easily from scratch
- Formulas v Functions – what is the difference?
- Auditing tools that verify accuracy of results
- The role that absolute and relative values play in formulas (one mix-up could make your whole sheet inaccurate)
- Auto Calculate feature (it does exactly what it sounds like!)
- Real-life scenarios where IF Functions will save you time
- SUM, AVERAGE and COUNT functions to speed up your work (total game-changer when working with large data)
- CONCATENATE – combine text from multiple cells
- SORT and UNIQUE – Manipulating Lists
- And more!
About the Speaker
Mike Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with plus for a large number of global organizations.
- Mike also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business processes.
- Mike will show you how to let Excel and other Microsoft programs solve your problems for you!
It’s perfectly possible to use Excel without ever creating a formula or using a function - but if you don’t - you’re missing out on a HUGE part of the application’s power.
Without them, you waste much time doing manual work and correcting worksheets filled with errors (IF you’re lucky enough to catch them).
This interactive training will not only save you time, but push you forward in your career to be able to make informed, strategic decisions every day.