Mastering Excel Lookup Functions: What Every User Should Know
Ever gotten sick of manually linking data across Excel spreadsheets? Of course you have - it takes a ton of time and it’s easy to make errors. What if you could tell Excel what you were looking for and have it automatically find and link the data for you? Well, you can and it’s a game changer!
VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and XLOOKUP formulas give you that power and more - and once you master them, there’s no turning back.
Join us for a 60-minute online workshop where you’ll learn how to use Excel’s powerful lookup functions. Using plenty of examples, Excel expert Michael Thomas will show you what they are, how to use them, and what they can do for you. After this workshop:
- You’ll be ready to use Excel’s VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and XLOOKUP formulas
- You’ll understand when these lookups can - and should - be used
- You’ll be able to confidently employ them to save time, work with data more efficiently and be more productive.
- You’ll also walk away with great ideas on structuring your data that will help you going forward - even when lookups don’t come into play
- And more.
LOOKUP functions explained
- What are lookup functions?
- What can they do, why should I use them, and how can they help me?
- What are the differences between VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and XLOOKUP?
- The importance of structuring - or restructuring - your data to get the most out of them
Mastering the VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP Functions
- How to construct and use the VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions
- Picking the right function for the right job
- Unleashing the power of nested lookups
- How to perform two-dimensional lookups
- How exact match and approximate match differ - and why it matters
- Error-proofing lookup formulas - avoiding the dreaded #NA
- Watch you instructor create - and explain - many examples and variations
NEW: The XLOOKUP Function
- What is XLOOKUP and which Excel versions use it?
- What can XLOOKUP do that VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP can’t? (short answer: you’ll be amazed)
- Using the XLOOKUP function - examples created and explained
- Replacing VLOOKUP & HLOOKUP with XLOOKUP in your existing spreadsheets - it’s surprisingly easy!
About The Speaker
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. During his career, he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He’s also delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a variety of Excel topics.
Mr. Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for many global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.
After this 60-minute online workshop, you’ll have mastered use of Excel’s VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and XLOOKUP functions. You’ll know when and how to use them and be able to confidently employ them to save time, work with data more efficiently and be more productive. BONUS: You’ll also get great ideas on structuring your data that will help you going forward.