Excel Pivot Table Training: Accelerate Analytics & Decision Making
So, you found the data you need for your analysis, now what? How do you sort and sift through it to mine key intel, plus make the right decisions? Microsoft Excel holds the key. Pivot Tables is one of Excel’s most powerful tools and is designed to help you quickly summarize mountains of data.
Join us and gain a solid understanding of how to identify key trends, generate meaningful reports, plus “pivot” spreadsheets for specific users and needs.
In this 90-minute, highly interactive workshop, you’ll discover the following:
- Multiple methods to set up a Pivot Table
- Efficient ways to clean, filter, sort & structure your data
- How to navigate the options menu for complete control & customization
- Essential tips, tricks & shortcuts to save time while enhancing outcomes
- Techniques to target production delays, efficiency gains, scrap rates, key demographics & much more
Getting Started: Wrangle your Database and Prepare it for Pivoting
- How to create a Pivot Table from an Excel table & range
- Selection techniques & layouts: Clean your datasets for flawless pivoting
- Manage Pivot Table fields: Build the perfect Table for yours & others’ needs
Basic Pivot Table Techniques to Save time, Boost Calculations & Customize Your Work
- Methods to format your Pivot Table efficiently so it’s easy to understand
- How to drill into on your data: Explore & focus on what matters most
- Techniques to chart your Pivot Table results & visualize your data
Pivot Table Tools & Features Every Excel User Must Know
- Get the most out of your analysis: Filter your report with Excel’s Slicer tool
- Create flexible data queries that refresh when the data does: Automate & analyze
- Learn how the gurus in your organization analyze their data so quickly - become one too!
About The Speaker
Miles Hutchinson, CGMA, President, Learn Continuously, LLC. Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman.
- He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company.
- Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,500 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- He is recognized as an expert in payroll and sales & use tax as well as financial modeling & analysis, business strategy and communications.
- His clients include, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps, and the US Army. Please visit his web sites to see how you can further benefit from his expertise.
Stop staring at that database. Dive in, explore it with Pivot Tables and save time while doing it!
This 90-minute program will guide you to identify the key trends in your data and be confident you’ve reached the right conclusions to support your recommendations.