Microsoft Excel Power Pivot: Take Your Pivot Tables to the Next Level
If you’ve got Pivot Tables down and are looking to take the next step to advance in Microsoft Excel, this workshop is for you!
Power Pivot removes many of the limitations and frustrations that advanced users find with Pivot Tables...
No more VLOOKUPs to combine source data.
No more copy and pasting of data to combine it.
No more clunking around Excel with large datasets that slow you down.
In this 90-minute workshop session, you’ll learn how to take advantage of the Power Pivot feature, from importing the data to manipulating columns, rows, and calculations to making meaningful reports to share with stakeholders. Leave this training knowing how to:
- Create Pivot Tables from multiple Excel-based lists without the need to combine them
- Combine related data from multiple data sources (Excel, database, text file etc) into a single Pivot Table
- Create Pivot Tables from large datasets without worrying about file size or performance
- Automate powerful calculations on the data in your Pivot Tables
- Importing data into Power Pivot
- How to navigate Power Pivot based on the version of Excel you have
- The importance of understanding The Data Model
- How to determine which datasets are appropriate for using Power Pivot
- Creating a Pivot Table from related Excel tables
- Creating a Pivot Table from related data sources (including external sources)
- An introduction DAX: Calculated Columns and Measures
- PowerPivot allows for combining different data sources and making meaningful reports
You’ll get answers to your peers’ most pressing questions, including:
- When should you use PowerPivot?
- What’s the difference between appending data and relating data?
- Can you use PowerPivot without SQL knowledge?
About The Speaker
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. Mike has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials, and hundreds of courses and webinars on a wide variety of technology-related topics.
Mike is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors.
If you spend too much time in Pivot Tables, it may be time for you to take the next step in Excel: Power Pivot.
This feature will allow you to create data models that are more sophisticated than what you can build with Pivot Tables, accomplish more in less time, and make massive datasets understandable even for others to easily digest your reports. Don’t miss this workshop where you’ll learn how to use this feature from beginning to end.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!